Now Playing
Easy 102.9
Last Song Played
Easy 102.9
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
Easy 102.9
Last Song Played
Easy 102.9


Categories within music

30 items
Results 1 - 10 of 30 next >

Blue Ivy Carter, Tyler Perry get into $20K bidding war over painting at art auction

Blue Ivy Carter may only be 6 years old, but she's already an art connoisseur.

According to USA Today, the daughter of Beyoncé and Jay-Z got into a high-priced bidding war with media mogul Tyler Perry on Saturday at the Wearable Art Gala in Los Angeles. 

>> Read more trending news 

Blue Ivy reportedly bid $17,000 on a piece, described by E! as "an acrylic painting of a young Sidney Poitier," before Perry fired back with an $18,000 offer. Not one to be outdone, Blue Ivy bid $19,000 "as Jay-Z jokingly tried to take her arm down," according to USA Today. Perry ended up paying $20,000 for the painting.

>> Click here to watch

Beyoncé's mother, Tina Knowles, and her husband, Richard Lawson, organized the gala.

Read more here or here.

The Roots' SXSW show canceled after bomb threat; man arrested

Update, 2:14 a.m. CDT Sunday: Austin police have arrested a man in connection with a bomb threat that led to the cancellation of The Roots’ show Saturday at South by Southwest. 

The city of Austin tweeted the following statement early Sunday:

Trevor Weldon Ingram, 26, was arrested on charges of making a terroristic threat, a third-degree felony, the release said.

Police also tweeted Ingram’s booking photo:

ORIGINAL STORY: A South by Southwest performance by The Roots at Fair Market in Austin, Texas, was canceled Saturday night due to a “security concern,” event organizers said.

>> Visit for the latest on this developing story

A police spokesman said around 9:30 p.m. that more information would be released via Twitter, but nothing had been posted by 11:30 p.m. CDT.

However, the Austin Chronicle reported that it had two staffers at the event. One staffer heard event workers discussing the concern as a bomb threat, according to a report the weekly posted online, and "a second Chronicle staffer spoke with someone working at Fair Market tonight, who confirmed that Austin police were canvassing the property to determine whether there is any validity to the threat."

The cancellation of the show on the final night of the South By Southwest Festival comes at a time of heightened concern in the city following three deadly package bombs – two on Monday – that have exploded in East Austin this month, killing two people and seriously injuring a third.

>> Austin package explosions: 3 blasts appear connected, claim 2 lives, police say

Representatives for the event issued the following statement Saturday night after the cancellation

“Due to a security concern, we have made the difficult decision to cancel tonight’s Bud Light x The Roots SXSW Jam. After working proactively with SXSW, the Austin Police Department, and other authorities, Bud Light believes this is the best course of action to ensure the safety of our guests, staff, and artists, and appreciate your understanding. We are truly sorry to have to cancel the event, but we felt it was necessary to take all safety precautions.”

>> Austin package bombings: Friends remember victims Draylen Mason, Anthony House

In an Instagram post, Fair Market representatives said Anheuser-Busch made the call to cancel the event.

In a tweet that was later deleted Saturday night, frontman Questlove wrote, “Uh, welp can’t say much but for those in Austin waiting in line to see us tonight. Tonight’s show has been cancelled. They’ll make official announcement but I’d rather save y’all the trouble of waiting in line.”

>> On Complete coverage of SXSW

In response to fans who were upset after waiting in line for hours, Questlove also tweeted:

Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani shop in Greensboro before concert

Country singer Blake Shelton and his girlfriend, singer Gwen Stefani, were in North Carolina wrangling for bargains Saturday, WFMY reported.

>> Read more trending news

The couple stopped at a Wrangler Pop-Up Shop in Greensboro. Shelton was set to play a concert Saturday night at the Greensboro Coliseum.

Wrangler documented the visit on its Twitter account, tweeting that “Sherpa suits you, Gwen.”

Jason Aldean's wife, Brittany, blasts 'parent shamers' after taking vacation without baby

Jason Aldean’s wife, Brittany, has had enough of keyboard critics.

While on an adults-only vacation with friends Dee Jay Silver and his wife, Jenna Perdue, some social media users slammed the Aldeans for leaving behind their 3-month-old baby boy, Memphis.

>> Read more trending news 

Brittany Aldean put her foot down in an Instagram post last week.

Sharing a photo of herself with her husband, she wrote: “Much needed vacay. Just a word of wisdom for all the parent shamers ... vacations are ok for new parents to take. Sometimes after being pregnant for almost a year, cooped up in a house for weeks at a time, you need a little sunshine and adult time. IT IS NOT OK to leave your ignorant comments. If you don’t agree with something, PLEASE ... do me a favor and unfollow me. You will NOT be missed. And for all the sweet, positive, happy people ... we love you and thank you!!"

>> See the post here

Read more here.

– The Cox Media Group National Content Desk contributed to this report.

Nun involved in Katy Perry lawsuit collapses, dies in court

One of the nuns in a legal dispute with singer Katy Perry has died.

According to KTTV, Sister Catherine Rose Holzman collapsed and died during a court hearing Friday. She was 89.

>> Read more trending news 

Holzman was a member of the Sisters of the Most Holy and Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary, who sold their convent in the Los Feliz area of Los Angeles to restaurateur Dana Hollister for $15.5 million in 2015, NPR reported. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles "argued the nuns did not have the right to sell the property ... and it instead approved a sale to Perry" for $14.5 million, NPR reported. A judge ruled in favor of the archdiocese and Perry in 2016.

Before she died, Holzman and Sister Rita Callanan spoke out about the sale Friday in an interview with KTTV

"Katy Perry, please stop," Holzman said, according to KTTV. "It's not doing anyone any good except hurting a lot of people."

Read more here or here.

Memphis rapper, 7, knocks 'em dead at the Apollo

Meet Otis Morris Jr. This 7-year-old rapper from Memphis skyrocketed to stardom earlier this year after he appeared on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show.”

>> Read more trending news

Thursday he starred in the hit Fox show “Showtime at the Apollo.”

Otis, who goes by the stage name Yung Hunnid, said, “That was a huge opportunity to be with Steve Harvey. I wasn't nervous, but I was freaking out, flipping out, freaking and flipping out.”

Yung Hunnid started rapping at the age of 2.

Now, this Memphis lyrical prodigy is setting his sights high, even though he's still in elementary school.

Yung Hunnid said, “God’s plan … God’s plan … I hold back, sometimes I won't, yeah.”

Otis said working with DeGeneres was cool, but working with Harvey was on another level of greatness.

He said that while he performed he thought, “I’m going to have a good performance, because I want everybody to clap.”

While Otis just started his career, he said one day after he conquers the rap world, a different career choice might be in the cards.

“I'll probably be a doctor when I’m big, but now while I’m small I’m going to be a superstar,” Otis said.

Boxer has $155,000 in cash, jewelry stolen at Jay-Z’s NYC nightclub

A professional boxer lost more than $155,000 in cash and jewelry early Sunday when a bag containing the valuables was stolen during an altercation at a Manhattan nightclub owned by rapper Jay-Z, the New York Daily News reported.

>> Read more trending news

Middleweight fighter Jermall Charlo was at the 40/40 Club in Manhattan when he got involved in a fight around 3 a.m. the Daily News reported.

According to the New York Post, one of Charlo’s assistants handed one of the bag, which contained $40,000 in cash and $115,000 worth of jewelry, to one of the five women at the boxer’s table. Surveillance video from the club shows one of Charlo’s friends taking off his shirt, then handing the bag to a woman in the club, 40/40 spokesman Didier Morais told the Daily News.

When Charlo, 27, returned to his table, the money -- and the women -- were gone, the Post reported.

“We, of course, have given all footage to the NYPD and have cooperated as we always do for the last 15 years,” Morais said. “The bag in question was handed to one of the girls with the Charlo party by a friend of the party host and she walked out of the club with it.”

Surveillance cameras showed the five women leaving the club with the bag, the Daily News reported.

Charlo, who is 26-0, held the International Boxing Federation’s light middleweight title until February 2016, when he moved up to the middleweight class, the Daily News reported.

Rick Ross remains hospitalized in Miami

Rapper/businessman Rick Ross is reportedly still hospitalized in Miami after suffering what is believed to be a heart attack.

>> Did 50 Cent mock Rick Ross health scare with brutal 'Rocky' reference?

His status has not been officially confirmed by family, but the rap and celebrity community was out in full force on social media Friday night offering prayers for Ross.

While Ross spent his formative years in Miami and still lives there, he also maintains a footprint in Atlanta. Ross, born William Leonard Roberts II, owns a 54,000-square-foot estate in Fayetteville, Georgia, previously held by Evander Holyfield.

>> Rapper Rick Ross reportedly hospitalized after medical issue

Ross, 42, also oversees several franchise locations of Wingstop and Checkers throughout the South and in 2015, pledged to open a branch of his Maybach Music Group in Atlanta.

His health issues have also been well-documented. In 2011, he suffered a series of seizures and in interviews discussed his poor health habits. Following the seizures, Ross vowed to take better care of himself and soon lost more than 75 pounds.

>> Read more trending news 

Ross recently released the new song, “Florida Boy,” with T-Pain and Kodak Black. His next album, “Port of Miami 2: Born to Kill,” is expected to be released soon.

Did 50 Cent mock Rick Ross health scare with brutal 'Rocky' reference?

On Saturday, Rick Ross was reportedly still hospitalized in Miami for an undisclosed medical issue. Although many celebrities took to social media to offer prayers, one sent a message that wasn’t as heartfelt.

>> Rapper Rick Ross reportedly hospitalized after medical issue

50 Cent recently posted a still frame of the character Ivan Drago from the film “Rocky IV” to his Instagram page. In that particular scene, the boxer says, “If he dies, he dies” after knocking out his opponent Apollo Creed.

>> See the post here

About an hour later, he shared another picture featuring Al Pacino's Scarface, writing, "Yeah I'm different."

>> On Rick Ross remains hospitalized in Miami

While the uploads did not mention Ross, many across the internet speculate the “In Da Club” artist was targeting the Wingstop franchiser, who’s been one of his rivals for years.

The two emcees have publicly feuded since 2009 by explicitly condemning each other in several songs and interviews. The ongoing fight has even included cartoons, alleged sex tapes leaks and even lawsuits.

>> Read more trending news  

On Friday night, Ross was rushed to the hospital after reportedly suffering a heart attack. His current status has not been officially confirmed by family.

>> On 50 Cent denies bitcoin collection in bankruptcy court documents

This isn’t the 42-year-old’s first health scare. In 2011 he suffered two seizures within hours and later openly discussed his poor health habits. Following his illness, he underwent a weight loss challenge and dropped 75 pounds. 

30 items
Results 1 - 10 of 30 next >